Monday, December 31, 2012

Check out the Blog list on the side bar for additional info

Just a reminder, I have 2  other blogs.  OMSH KID ZONE is kid centered and sometimes will have museum info that the teacher blog doesn't, or may get the info earlier. Scan the Museum website for all museum events.  
The third blog I have is KJR Science Station and is basically what it states, a repository of science and teaching resources. If I haven't used it at the museum yet I will store it on the Science Station.  I stored resources in this blog when I taught (before I used Moodle and other tech aids).  I wish I had stored more Moodle info on the blog!  Anywhere you see "Sqworl"- check it out.  Sqworls are easy and wonderful ways to store websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

OMSH Cave

I am so excited about our cave in the Origins Gallery. I took a friend, her daughter and son through on a sneak preview. They were each amazed they were not in a real cave. I loved hearing their exclamations of delight and cannot wait to share with the public. We are running behind schedule but plan to have a special teacher event when it is ready.

LAB PHOTOS: Creating a Precipitate

Click to play this Smilebox photo album
Create your own photo album - Powered by Smilebox
This photo album made with Smilebox

Creating a Precipitate Lab

A precipitate is the resulting solid of a chemical reaction producing the carbonate which forms the building blocks of many cave formations. This lab is a great connection for Physical and Earth Science.

BATS in the Museum

BATS in the Museum
Largest Bat Species

EVENTS: Live Bat Encounter at the Museum

Rob Mies from the Organization for Bat Conservation presented a bat program at the Owensboro Museum of Science and History
Sunday, September 16

BAT SLIDESHOW featuring Rob Meis

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
A free slideshow by Smilebox

Live Bat Encounter at Owensboro Museum